Friday, February 21, 2014

Flatirons Circuit Ramble

Flatirons Circuit Ramble

Had some time to kill after work in Boulder, so I cruzed up and ran a fun circuit that involves a bit of bouldering. I've done this circuit off and on for 15 years or so, and have always found it to be very enjoyable. It combines a bit of solid running, some talus hopping, bouldering, a fun climbing route, and exposure all in one. From Chautauqua I cruzed up to the Second Flatiron access and then up the trail to the Satellite boulders. Since I'm just messing around, I do all of the easy problems in the area, then head over to the Gutter and do a lap or two there. The Gutter is a great climb, and doesn't see much traffic these days. After a solid pump, I go up the flood wash and hop through the talus behind the Second, before doing a fun scramble along a rib to the top. I wanted, this time, to then head up Green and continue on, but since Boulder's trails seem to be an icy mess compared to those in Jefferson county, I took a class 3/4 route down and back to the Mesa trail. From there, I went and ran some of the loops on McClintock, Kholer, and Skunk, which were relatively dry and runnable, before returning back to Chautauqua. Fun adventure running.




No comments:

Post a Comment