Saturday, February 1, 2014

Snow Day

Snow Day


Well, I couldn't make it up to the Leadville Marathon with all of this new snow (side note - second time I've seen a Subie in a ditch on US 6), so I just did a fun urban run tagging the three high points from my place: Apex, South Table, Lookout. This run turned out to be a better training run than I thought because the trail sections up to each summit were power hiking slogs through powder, while the connectors were plowed bike paths that allowed for a good running pace. The alternation between running 7min pace and power slogging through snow works one of my many weaknesses.





2 comments:

  1. Good stuff. All of this slogging will surely pay off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It better, or we need to create a race that centers around slogging. ;) Hope you had a solid slog fest.

      Delete