Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Video Flyover of North Fork 50K

Video Flyover of North Fork 50K


I'm a big believer in getting as much beta as possible for races and long trail runs. This is especially true for a race or ultra that you have never run (either the entire course or just part of the trails). For me, knowing how the course "travels on the ground" really helps to break up the race into manageable sections so that when you start to get tired, your mind can stay strong. I made a video flyover for the Mt. Werner 50K classic that is coming up here on August 4, and it really gave me a better insight into the course. Simply looking at the elevation profile and the course via a topo map is important, but combined with the flyover I've got a much better idea of just what is in store for race day. So, on this note, I went back and made a flyover video of the North Fork 50K race. I think the flyovers give a good idea of the lay of the land, and since the course will be the same next year (I'm assuming), it will hopefully help people who might want to run the race but are not sure on the course.


North Fork 50K Flyover from Peter Jones on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment