Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bottle Peak

Bottle Peak

Ran Bottle Peak today from the Fraser Experimental Forest research facility. The run felt really good. Worked on my form the entire time, trying to stay on the fronts of my feet more for both the climbs and descents. Seemed like this helped keep me on a better pace. I tend to sit back a bit on the descents and wander off in my mind, which usually slows me down a bit. I'm trying to take what I learned in the last two races and start to apply it to my training. Therefore, I tried to keep my momentum up on the descent as I would in a race more. I didn't go at race pace, but still want to incorporate some of the lessons learned. Beautiful day, no wind, no people, nothing. Love these kinds of runs - just you and the mountain. I did it in 2:08 today, with ~11.8 miles and 2,978 up and 2,978 down. Here are some photos of a run up Bottle and Ptarmigan Peaks from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment