Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November Telemark Footage: A Compilation of Early Season Shots

Well, November is almost over, and we have only gotten a couple powder days. Not a good start to the season. However, A-Basin and Keystone have done a great job of keeping the snow coverage on the few runs they have open in pretty good shape. No rocks, little ice, and some really fun stuff on the sides.

I see a lot of telemarkers just cruzing straight down the mountain. I get that for a few warm-up runs, but then I like to try and ride the mountain and see what it has to offer. I guess I draw on my previous pro-snowboard career when I approach telemarking at the resorts. For me, the middle of the run is the most boring part of the slope - unless I've got my race skis on and there is some really nice corduroy. Rather, I tend to weave in and out of the sides of the run, jumping back onto the run and landing switch, popping around the edge of the trees, having as much fun as possible in these early season conditions.

Well, let's all hope it snows and the steeps and powder open soon. Until then, here is some more pre-season footage (other early footage can be found here and here).

No comments:

Post a Comment